These are the icons of stage, screen, music and art we lost in 2021 – WTOL
Yr In Consider
Christopher Plummer, DMX, Stephen Sondheim, Cicely Tyson and a member of the homehold that impressed “The Sound of Music” are Amongst The numerous entertainers who handed in 2021.
Travis Pittman, Associated Press
7:14 AM EST December 20, 2021
4:26 PM EST December 20, 2021
From giants of stage, display and music to People who labored behind the scenes with their writing, their imaginative and prescient and their artworkistry and The One which invented the cassette tape, these are the entertainers the world misplaced in 2021.
- Virgil Abloh, 41; A quantity one Dressmaker and authorities hailed As a Outcome of the Karl Lagerfeld of his period.
- Michael Apted, 79; Acclaimed British director of the “Up” docary collection and films as numerous As a Outcome of the Loretta Lynn biopic “Coal Miner’s Daughter” and the James Bond film “The World Isn’t Enough.”
- Ed Asner, 91; Burly and prolific character actor who turned a star in center age As a Outcome of the gruff however lovable informationman Lou Grant, first Inside the hit comedy “The Mary Tyler Moore Current” and later Inside the drama “Lou Grant.”
- Bob Aby way ofn, 83; Tony Award-worthwhile choreographer who had A process in A pair of of In all probability the most beloved and influential reveals on Broadway, collectively with “Dreamgirls,” “A Chorus Line,” “Follies” and “Miss Saigon.”
- Peter Aykroyd, 66; Emmy-nominated actor and writer on “Saturday Evening time Stay” for the 1979-80 season who later labored with older brcompletely different, Dan, on every thing from a Tv show Regarding the paranormal to such films as “Dragnet” and “Coneheads.”